Carlotta Strampelli was born in 1868 and died in 1926. She was also the daughter of the great Count Giuseppe and her mother was Princess Emilia Gabrielli. So now Carlotta Strampelli got married to a man name Nazzareno Strampelli on April 28th, 1900 in the beautiful eternal city of Rome.
So now Carlotta and her husband Nazzareno, had now settled down in a small town called Camerino. In Camerino, Nazzareno was recently teaching agriculture and use of water. Agriculture is the development, in the rise of sedentary human civilization, which is cultivating products to sustain human life. So three years later Carlotta and Nazzareno moved with their 2 year old daughter and with a pregnancy that was already in progress, to the beautiful city and commune that was called Rieti, in Lazio, central Italy.
So now while living in the beautiful Rieti, Nazzareno accepted a so-called itinerant chairs in agriculture and then experienced a hard ship, which he overcame with all the help and support from his wife Carlotta. Now their family life was central to Nazzareno's scientific work and then Carlotta devised brand new pollination techniques and she then went on to perform hybridization crosses herself.
So Carlotta being an intelligent and educated woman and she is proof of a significant role played by women, to what is called wheats genetics and now Carlotta is breeding high and productive varieties of wheat. So in brief, Carlotta was a fascinating woman, in this era and time and she did receive a public award, which is called "The Carlotta Award 2018" which then will be delivered in the frame of the "Wheats & Women" International Conference. Which will be held in Rome on June 14th an 15th of 2018.
The wheat initiative aims at, encouraging and supporting the development of a vibrant and global public and private research community.
This research community are willing to share it's own resources and capabilities.
They are also willing to share their data and also many of their ideas as well.
They are determined to improve wheat productivity, wheat quality and also wheat production, all around the world.
So now the members of the research committee involve:
- 1. Two Representatives who are (leading Scientists) and they both need to be a member of the wheat initiative.
- 2. The duration period for being a representative is (3 Years) which is also renewable.
- 3. Being a member/representative for the wheat initiative research committee, will give members a chance to represent their own personal and collective view, regarding the wheat initiative and not only for their country, but for their company and the International Research Centre that they belong to as well.
So this role consists that its members, fully understand the vision and strategy of the research committee, which consists of:
- 1. Committee members will always contribute and approve strategic documents.
- 2. Committee members will always suggest, collaboration in specific areas of research.
- 3. Committee members will always provide updates, only on research regarding the wheat initiative.
So these Wheat Initiative actions, that you have just heard about, will all lead to the creation of many improved wheat varieties and better agronomic practices world wide.